Finding Free e-books
Almost every day I search for free books for my Kindle and yours. You don't have to have a Kindle to take advantage of this. You can download them to your laptop and to your other electronic devices (I'm not that technology conversant- Android? I-Phone?).
I post what I find on The Common Room blog's Facebook account.
I first go to the Amazon Kindle store and search the book categories that interest me, choosing to sort them by lowest price to highest. If I have time to browse, I leave the Search box empty, just clicking on different categories under e-books in the left side column. This does bring up a lot of garbage, including covers with unsavory images- the stor that, if they were a magazine cover, they'd be kept where children couldn't see them. It really irritates me that Amazon apparently has no option for blocking these titles if you're not interested in them. I sift through a lot of garbage to find titles that might be of interest.
If I need to quickly target my searches I type a single word into the search box, hoping to bring up titles with that word in it. My most common are:
Other sources for lists of free ebooks are:
Updated to add these free e-books for today:
- Free books for your free kindle reader You can read these whether you have a Kindle or...
- Free Books On Saving Money and More These books are free at the time of listing. This...
- Frugal Miscellany and Free Gardening Books How to use nail polish remover to remove the print...
- Free Kindle Books Free at the time of posting, but this can change...
- More Free Books- and excerpts These books are free at Amazon at the moment that...