Frugal Links Round Up – May 30th, 2011
- I've never (until a year ago) had a separate freezer, and so I don't have much experience handling a freezer full of food to the most frugal advantage. Once-a-Month Mom has some very good info on How to Prevent Freezer Burn.
- How to Make and Do has compiled a great, GO-TO list of Natural Homemade Kitchen and Bathroom Cleaners. These recipes will save you a bundle.
- Ideas 4 Recipes is the coolest recipe resource for new, inexperienced cooks. All you do is enter some ingredients you have (and want to eat) into the list, hit the SEARCH button and there it is, a list of recipes you can make using what you have on hand! Nifty, nifty, nifty.
- Want some cheap, homemade popcorn? You know you do. Here's the info that'll rock your movie time! You can do homemade popcorn in the micro, or do it on the stovetop, your choice. Like tasty toppings? Here ya go! These recipes are FAR cheaper than the boxed stuff you buy at the grocery, and SO much better for you.
- Here's another great idea from How to Make and Do. How to Recycle Wooden Pallets. I love this concept because pallets abound. I see them everywhere. Granted you'll have to be selective, choose the good uns, pass on the nasty ones. These are some downright nice looking results that can be made for very little money. Just the hardware and the finish. My kind of project!
- Do you homeschool thru the Summer? Or have kids home from school needing to keep sharp? Y'all really should come over to my ship and check out the free copywork ideas I've been crankin' out lately (and in the very near future, tomorrow and Wednesday, if I recall how I scheduled) and feel free to peruse the Homeschooling category for other free and cheap homeschool ideas.
Have a great week!