Weekend links: lentils and more
Good reads around the web
- Frugal Superfoods - Great list of cheap, nutritious foods with tips on how to use them. I really need to get on board with lentils. We sprout them, but I've never tried cooking with them. What's your favorite lentil recipe?
- The $100 a Day Rule - Why didn't I think of this? [facepalm]
- 10 Things You Should Never Pay Full Price For - I'll freely admit that he had me at #1 (Books) but I totally agree with the other 9 items too.
- 5 Best Money-Saving, Healthy, Homemade Salad Dressings - We've very nearly broken the habit of store-bought salad dressing. Apparently we're not the only ones.
- 10 Financial Perks of Marriage - #10 is #1 on my list.
- 30 Uses for the Humble Cardboard Box - Really? There are entire books about crafting furniture chic out of cardboard?
- 19 Common Edible Plants - It's true. We have many of these right around our yard, and you probably do too. How much will they help with the grocery budget? Probably not much, but wouldn't you love to see the looks on their faces when you chomp into a cattail like corn on the cob?
- Homemade Gift Series #5: Wine Jelly — In light of our current budget cuts and my new obsession with canning, this sounds like the perfect gift for several people on my list.