My favorite frugal article in recent time:
- Anyone Can Spend Less for Food - It's a bold claim, but I dare you to argue with the logic.
More good reads:
- How do you define a necessity? The number of people who think life isn't worth living without air conditioning, cable, a big screen TV is dropping, but still surprisingly high.
- "The single biggest personal finance lesson that anyone can learn is that of delayed gratification...It’s one of the things that I most want to integrate into the lives of my children. The question is obvious: how do you possibly teach delayed gratification to a four year old?..."
- What Works? The key to success is investing the time to figure out what really works for you. They might not be the same things that work for me – in fact, they probably won’t be.
- Whenever you buy anything, ask yourself why five times.
- 52 Uses for Rubber Bands - fun and practical. Who doesn't love that combination? Can you add to the list?
- 29 Alternative Pizza Sauce Ideas - Buffalo? Alfredo? Pesto? Bbq? We have homemade pizza every Friday without fail, and it's time to shake things up a bit!
- 7 Ways my Clunker is Smarter than a Hybrid - If I was feeling bad about my 13yo van, I'm not now. I love it when the math is on my side.
- 12 Surprising Ways to Reuse Aluminum Foil - sharpen scissors or reduce static cling? Really? Did you know this? Now if only I could remember that until dry, static-prone weather rolls around again.
- Beach & Fun in the Sun Reads Summer is the time when I actually can do some...
- Does cooking from scratch cost more? Cooking from scratch isn't always cheap. When I was first...
- Frugal Links and Reads Thrifty Tuesday: Selling online with thriftshop finds. Market value and...
- Free Frugal Reads Every day on my blog's Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/DHM.CommonRoom, I post free...
- Frugal Links Round Up – May 30th, 2011 I've never (until a year ago) had a separate freezer,...