Reader hack: uses for leftover giftwrap
Perhaps you have found storing wrapping paper for a year awkward or have just a little that you are trying to use up. I've repurposed wrapping numerous ways. Here are a few of my favorite wrapping paper hacks:
- Tablecloth: Depending upon the design, you've got yourself an easy clean up cover for your dining table.
- Tablecloth (part 2): Or, turn it around and display the white side. This serves the same purpose as a tablecloth with some added fun. Draw, color, or paint on the white table covering for some family fun.
- Origami: If you have just a bit of wrapping paper left, cut squares and make some festive paper cranes.
- A makeshift sword, light saber, or schwartz: As a kid, I preferred the latter, a reference to Space Balls the movie. Children, and kids at heart, can have at least five minutes of fun before destroying the cardboard tube.
- Wrapping paper: December and January birthdays along with New Year's Eve party hosts have resigned themselves to receiving gifts wrapped with evergreens and snowmen.
What uses have you found for leftover wrapping paper?